About hosting a fellow
Each JKHF Fellow is paired with one partner organization to complete high-impact work over the course of the Fellowship program. Fellows are paired based on experience and interest area. Successful Fellowship projects have key deliverables that ideally exist beyond the duration of the Fellowship and utilize the creativity and passion of the placed Fellow.
2018 Fellowship Information
Coming soon! Sign up to be notified when applications to host a fellow will be available.
2017 Fellowship Focus Areas
Fellows' projects focused on early childhood development and food systems and the intersections that exist within each issue. Projects touched on these issues in a variety of ways.
- Attend JKHF Fellowship project orientation
- Provide support, guidance, and professional development to a JKHF Fellow for an average of 20 hours/week of project work throughout the 12- or 13- week summer
- Partner with your Fellow to develop and implement a work plan for the project, reviewing progress at least biweekly and making adjustments as needed
- Identify one full-time Lead staff member to act as point of contact for Fellow and JKHF
- Communicate weekly with your Fellow
- Communicate regularly with JKHF staff regarding your Fellow's work, including:
- Biweekly phone check-in with JKHF staff
- Mid-semester check-in in person with JKHF staff and fellow
- End of fellowship final meeting with JKHF staff and fellow
- Contribute towards Fellow's stipend as outlined below based on your organization's budget
Unable to chip in? Scholarships are available!
- $1,000,000+ budget - $3,500
- $500K-999K budget - $2,500
- $250K-$499K budget - $1,500
- Less than $250K budget - $750
examples of past partners & projects
- Communications plan development and implementation // Carroll's Kitchen
- Early childhood case study & financing toolkit // North Carolina Early Childhood Foundation
- Writing and publishing education articles & crafting a public policy bootcamp // EdNC.org
- Food asset map & analysis of gaps and strengths for the Triangle // Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Grant writing, development events, and crowdfunding campaign to support program and general operating funds // Raleigh City Farm
Have questions about your project or the application process?
Please contact Kelli Raker, Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.