About hosting a fellow
Each JKHF Fellow is paired with one partner organization to complete high-impact work over the course of the Fellowship program. Fellows are paired based on experience and interest area. Successful Fellowship projects have key deliverables that ideally exist beyond the duration of the Fellowship and utilize the creativity and passion of the placed Fellow.
2017 Fellowship Focus Areas
This year, Fellows' projects will focus on early childhood development and food systems and the intersections that exist within each issue. Projects can touch on these issues in a variety of ways. Please include your project's focus area in the project description.
- Attend JKHF Fellowship project orientation (suggested)
- Average 20 hours/week of project work for JKHF Fellow from May 15 - August 11, 2017
- One Lead staff member to act as point of contact for Fellow and JKHF.
- Weekly phone check-in with JKHF staff.
- If you are able, JKHF requests a small contribution towards Fellow's stipend as outlined below based on your organization's budget. Unable to chip in? Scholarships are available!
$500,000+ budget - $2,000
$250K-$499K budget - $1,000
Less than $250K budget - $500
examples of past partners & projects
- Communications Plan Development and Implementation // Carroll's Kitchen
- Early Childhood Case Study & Financing Toolkit // North Carolina Early Childhood Foundation
- Writing and Publishing Education Articles & Crafting a Public Policy Bootcamp // EdNC.org
- Want to know more, ask us!
Application deadline WAS March 21st at 5pm.
Have questions about your project or the application process? Please contact Kelli Raker, email@example.com.